don’t buy that “love is a serious word” crap. love freely and carelessly. love yourself. love that lady bird that just flew past. love that cutie that served you lunch at a cafe that you’ll probably never see again. love every single cat you see and when you stop loving someone or something, don’t fight it.
harry or ron or hermione
voldemort or umbridge or bellatrix
james or sirius or remus or peter
mcgonagall or dumbledore or hagrid
dobby or kreacher or winky
orginny or cho
hedwig or errol or pigwidgeon or hermes
quaffle or bludger or snitch
gryffindor or ravenclaw or slytherin or hufflepuff
hallows or horcruxes
hogwarts or beauxbatons or durmstrang
elder wand or invisibility cloak or resurrection stone
O.W.L.s or N.E.W.T.s
quirrell or lockhart or lupin or moody or umbridge or snape or carrow
crabbe or goyle
book 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7
romione or dramione or snamione or harmony or other
owl or cat or toad
draco or harry
felix felicis or amortentia or polyjuice potion
krum or fleur or cedric
can you imagine what would happen if arthur weasley discovered google
The Harry Potter books are set in the early 90’s. I bet that he discovered the Internet around 2000, and was captivated. He probably spent years getting the Ministry to adopt wi-fi, and now he spends his lunch breaks perusing Wikipedia. At home he has a state-of-the-art computer rig with like four massive monitors and he marathons “How It’s Made” on Netflix.
stand up for girls and women who don’t like to read. stand up for girls and women who can’t read. stand up for girls and women with low IQs. stand up for girls and women who can’t write. stand up for girls and women whose access to education has been prevented. for those with learning disorders. for those who mix up “your” and “you’re” because it’s not that big a fucking deal tumblr. stand up for women who are called ableist slurs for these things and stop implying that the only way to be a feminist icon is by being an intellectual.
WHY AM I LAUGHING SO FUCKING HARD OH MY GOD
THIS IS REALLY FUCKING RAD
OK THIS IS REALLY COOL BUT I’M LAUGHING SO HARD BECAUSE THESE ARE ALL RECORDED POINTERS AND SOME OF THEM ARE SO LOST I JUST
the pointers on the side dancing to the music and not givin a fuck r my favorite
the fact that fandom gatekeeping is so strong that young girls are shied away and sometimes downright scared of getting into comics and cosplaying their favorite characters and expressing their love for superheroes because of the possible backlash of nerd dudes make me sick
i want nothing else than new series like ms marvel, hawkeye, young avengers and all new ultimates to bring a wave of teenage girls into marvel. i want one direction fans to find out about robbie reyes being based off zayn malik and jump into comic books. i want them to be loud, to fangirl shamelessly, to share their joy and excitement at the world of superheroes recklessly and obnoxiously, to band together and protect each other and slowly take over fandom.
teenage girls’ passion is the most powerful thing in the world, and i know nothing will keep them away from the fantastic world of comic books if they decide to take interest on it, not even douchebag dudebros and their shitty nerd snobbism.
If you listen to the end of tangled…. Rapunzel and Eugene didnt get married until several years later
same with Aladdin and jasmine!
And Belle was trapped in that castle for months with Beast; I’m pretty sure at least a year.
Also Tiana and her prince were together as frogs for an indeterminate length of time before they married.
Tumblr gets schooled by the Disney fandom
Also let’s not forget Aurora was betrothed (which uhh, was a thing and some places still is).
Cinderella had to be locked in her home away from her prince whilst she knew he was looking for her.
I love how no one is trying to defend Ariel and Snow.
When Ariel was permanently turned back into a human by her father, we don’t know how much time passed between that day and their wedding.
Snow was under the sleeping curse for at least half a year. Remember the lovely commentary animated films used to do? At the end of the film, it states, “The Prince, who had searched far and wide, heard of the maiden who slept in the glass coffin.” Additionally, it shows changes in season.
And finally we don’t even see a marriage between The Prince and Snow.
I love this fandom
So really, Anna is the only princess who tries to marry a prince right away
I am so proud of everyone who commented on this
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Please don’t let this die